Blasted Balsamic Pot Roast
- 2 pounds beef roast or use beef tenderloin
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- Place beef in a large slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until well blended; pour mixture over beef. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until beef is fork-tender then transfer to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, drizzle sliced beef with slow cooker juices.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts tossed with salt, pepper and ground nutmeg to taste. Add Faux-Tay-Toes (see Day 2 directions). NUTRITION: per serving: 538 Calories; 39g Fat; 36g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 140mg Cholesterol; 606mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!