Blackened Snapper with Grilled Vegetables
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 4-oz. snapper fillets
- 10 ounces white button mushrooms whole
- 1 small red onion quartered
- 1 cup zucchini thinly sliced
- 3 cups baby spinach chopped
- 6 bamboo skewers
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes before using, to prevent burning on the grill.
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to HIGH and lightly oil grill grates.
- In a small bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (olive oil through black pepper); blend to a thick paste. Rub about 1/2 tablespoon of mixture evenly over each fillet.
- Place remaining paste in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; add mushrooms, red onion quarters and sliced zucchini; gently squeeze the bag to coat the veggies then alternately thread them onto the skewers.
- Grill the snapper fillets for 5 minutes then turn and grill for 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Grill the vegetable skewers at the same time as the snapper, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes per side and turning often so as to cook evenly (but not to char).
- Serve over spinach and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced English cucumber on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of snapper. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 183 Calories; 6g Fat; 26g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 42mg Cholesterol; 402mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!