Blackberry Balsamic Salmon
- 2 cups blackberries fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 wild-caught salmon fillets 6-oz.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ghee or use coconut oil
- In a blender or food processor, combine first 4 ingredients (blackberries through salt); blend until smooth then set aside. Sprinkle salmon evenly with salt and pepper.
- Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add salmon fillets and sear for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add sauce to the skillet; bring to a boil then reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes or until reduced. Serve sauce over salmon.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: per serving: 282 Calories; 10g Fat; 34g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 97mg Cholesterol; 630mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!