Basil Curry Chicken
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- In a small bowl or cup, combine seasonings (curry powder through basil); sprinkle mixture evenly over chicken breast halves.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and brown for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium and add coconut milk, chicken broth and coconut flour, whisking constantly until mixture comes to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: per serving: 495 Calories; 33g Fat; 43g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 640mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!