Bacon Broccoli and Brussels Sprout Salad
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 2 cups halved Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook for 10 minutes, until bacon is brown and very crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and discard all but 1/2 tablespoon of bacon fat from skillet.
- Reduce heat to low. To the skillet, add the broccoli and brussels sprouts and salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, layer the spinach, onion, bacon and vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 3 ingredients and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad of Mixed Baby Greens tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette In a large bowl, toss together mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch each of dried basil and dried oregano; drizzle over salad and toss well. NUTRITION: 404 Calories; 31g Fat; 21g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 48mg Cholesterol; 953mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!