Asian Style Shrimp Stir-Fry
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1 cup white button mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add garlic, gingerroot and green onions; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, soy sauce, rice vinegar, cilantro and crushed red pepper flakes; cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender (but not rubbery!).
- Add shrimp and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until pink and just cooked through. Stir in salt, pepper, lime juice and spinach; cook until spinach is just wilted (3 to 5 minutes). Serve immediately.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed snow peas on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 147 Calories; 2g Fat; 25g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 719mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!