Asian Style Beef Salad
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger divided
- 1 cup lime juice divided
- 1 1/2 pounds beef roast trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeño
- 1/4 cup chopped white button mushrooms
- bamboo skewers or metal
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 5 ingredients (coconut milk through black pepper) along with half of the gingerroot and half of the lime juice.
- Add beef cubes then seal the bag and shake gently to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together remaining gingerroot and lime juice with 1 tablespoon of olive oil; set aside.
- Thread beef cubes onto skewers. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill beef skewers over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time, until desired level of doneness is achieved. Watch carefully to prevent burning! Serve hot beef over spinach.
- Top with cilantro, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and mushrooms then drizzle with reserved vinaigrette.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Cauli-Rice on the side (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 252 Calories; 13g Fat; 24g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 896mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!