Asian Beef Skewers
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped green onions divided
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- olive oil
- 2 medium red onions cut into large wedges
- 4 medium green bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into large squares
- 6 portobello mushroom caps halved
- 4 cups baby spinach
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate beef overnight or for at least 2 hours (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using, to prevent burning on the grill.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 10 ingredients (soy sauce through gingerroot); shake well to blend.
- Add beef cubes, seal bag and shake well to coat. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours. Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to HIGH and lightly coat grill grate with olive oil.
- Alternately thread beef cubes, onion wedges, bell pepper squares and mushroom halves onto skewers; grill for 10 to 15 minutes (turning skewers occasionally to cook evenly) or until beef reaches desired level of doneness.
- Serve hot skewers over baby spinach and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve wild rice pilaf on the side. VEGETARIAN: Replace beef with additional portabella mushrooms. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 242 Calories; 6g Fat; 23g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 881mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!