Artichoke-Lemon Pesto with Capellini
- 1 pound Capellini pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 12-oz. jar artichoke hearts in water drained
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lemons juiced and zested
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, add remaining ingredients (olive oil through salt and pepper); pulse until smooth.
- Toss hot pasta with pesto and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, avocado and cherry tomato halves, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. Add some garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving : 225 Calories; 24g Fat (91.9% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 1mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!