Apple Allspice Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 cups chopped Granny Smith apples peeling optional
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of pork chops evenly with allspice, salt and pepper; add to the skillet and brown for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add broth to the skillet and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add vinegar, cinnamon, garlic, apples and onion; stir well then return pork chops to the skillet.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through and apples are tender-crisp.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs in place of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 292 Calories; 11g Fat; 34g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 664mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!