White Wine Herb Pork Chops
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 6 4-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup white wine or use additional broth
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons Herbes de Provence
- 1 8-oz. package Linguine pasta
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add pork chops and brown for 3 minutes per side; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add broth to the skillet and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan; stir in wine (or additional broth), vinegar, onion and Herbes de Provence.
- Return pork chops to the pan then reduce heat, cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through, adding more broth if needed.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta. Add cooked pasta to the skillet, stir to coat pasta with sauce; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, plum (Roma) tomatoes and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork chops. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, wine (if using), Herbes de Provence, and vinegar are gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 237 Calories; 7g Fat; 23g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 72mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!