Turkey Burger with Cilantro Lime Salsa
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (turkey through salt and pepper). Form ground turkey into patties. Heat grill to high heat and cook burgers for 10 minutes on each side, until turkey is no longer pink in the center.
- In a food processor, mix the next 5 ingredients (cilantro through chili powder) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place the turkey burger on top of a lettuce leaf. Spoon a dollop of the salsa on top of the burger and top with another lettuce leaf and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a big green tossed salad. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 494 Calories; 16g Fat (25.1% calories from fat); 50g Protein; 56g Carbohydrate; 30g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 297mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 9 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!