Thai Style Beef Skewers
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound beef chuck roast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 8-10 large “squares”
- 8 large white button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- olive oil
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- Wooden toothpicks OR small skewers
- Aluminum foil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate beef cubes overnight or for at least 1 hour (see recipe). Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 6 ingredients (salt through honey); squeeze carefully to combine. Add beef cubes and shake well to coat. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- Remove beef cubes from marinade (discarding marinade and bag) and alternately thread them onto skewers with red onion quarters, bell pepper squares and whole mushrooms.
- Place skewers on a lightly oiled metal rack or trivet in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish; cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until desired level of doneness is reached.
- Serve skewers over chopped spinach and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Sliced cucumber drizzled with lemon juice. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add sesame bread sticks. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 176 Calories; 4g Fat; 20g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 850mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!