Tangy Peach Flounder
- 6 6-oz. flounder fillets OR other firm-fleshed white fish
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup chopped peaches thawed if frozen
- olive oil
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Season fillets evenly with allspice, garlic, salt and pepper. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine next 4 ingredients (broth through peaches); bring to a boil then immediately remove from heat.
- Place fillets in a lightly-oiled 9- x 13-inch METAL baking pan (NEVER use glassware for broiling!) and top evenly with peach mixture; broil for 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and peaches are tender and heated through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 176 Calories; 2g Fat; 33g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 473mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!