Tangy Jalapeno Peach Beef Skewers
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 1 pound beef chuck roast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion quartered
- 2 jalapeños thickly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peaches slightly thawed (for easier skewering)
- olive oil
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 tablespoons honey
- Aluminum foil
- Wooden toothpicks OR small skewers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine salt, pepper, chipotle chili powder and half of garlic; shake to combine. Add beef cubes and shake to coat well. Alternately thread beef cubes, red onion quarters, jalapenos and peaches on skewers then rub with remaining garlic.
- Place skewers on a lightly oiled metal rack or trivet in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish; cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until desired level of doneness is reached. Divide arugula equally on dinner plates.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together vinegar and honey; bring to a boil then immediately remove from heat.
- Serve beef skewers over the arugula, drizzled with the honey sauce.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Curried Cauli-Rice on the side (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper and curry powder to taste). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve curried brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and chipotle chili powder are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 168 Calories; 4g Fat; 18g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 532mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!