Tangy Grilled Salmon with Asparagus
- 4 large salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3 small cloves garlic minced (divided)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large bundle asparagus spears ends trimmed
- Place salmon filets on a large plate. In a small bowl mix the vinegar, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, coconut aminos, 1 clove minced garlic and salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over the salmon and cover. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Heat grill to high heat and place salmon on grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side until steaks are to desired doneness.
- Preheat oven, to 250 degrees. In a large bowl, mix 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 2 cloves minced garlic, salt and pepper and asparagus.
- Pour asparagus onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until asparagus is slightly tender.
- Serve salmon with asparagus.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a side of sautéed zucchini, red peppers, and mushrooms. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 327 Calories; 20g Fat (54.0% calories from fat); 35g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 564mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!