Tangy Apple Pork
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 apples cored and chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine ghee (or coconut oil) and mustard; rub mixture over the surface of the tenderloin then place it in a large slow cooker and sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme.
- Arrange the apples, onion and vinegar around the tenderloin. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and Shredded Brussels Sprouts (cut large Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise then thinly slice, cut sides down; stir-fry in ghee or coconut oil over medium heat until tender; toss with salt, pepper and a dash of ground nutmeg). NUTRITION: per serving: 323 Calories; 13g Fat; 37g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 128mg Cholesterol; 652mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!