Sweet Potato, Chicken and Broccoli Soup
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 2 cups peeled and sliced sweet potatoes
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 large head broccoli chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot heat the ghee over medium heat. Cook the chicken until slightly browned. Add in the next 5 ingredients (sweet potatoes through the salt and pepper).
- Bring the soup to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook on low for 35-40 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes and veggies are cooked through. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 438 Calories; 14g Fat (28.4% calories from fat); 53g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 161mg Cholesterol; 854mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!