Sweet and Spicy Pork Tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke optional
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut into 1/2-inch thick cutlets
- Olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate beef overnight or for at least 1 hour. In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 11 ingredients (paprika through onion); shake well to combine.
- Add pork cutlets and shake well to coat. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread contents of bag in a single layer on a well-oiled baking dish; bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until cutlets are cooked through.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and braised collard greens. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add baked sweet potatoes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs in place of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure liquid smoke (if using), broth, soy sauce, chipotle chili powder, and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 198 Calories; 4g Fat; 28g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 967mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!