Sweet and Sour Fish
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-oz. pieces firm white fish fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate fish for 4 hours (see recipe). In a small bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients (coco-aminos through black pepper).
- Place fish in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour mixture over the top; seal bag and refrigerate for 4 hours. Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove fillets from marinade (discarding marinade and bag) and place them in the skillet; sear for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and a big bowl of Zesty Coleslaw (finely shredded cabbage and carrots and thinly sliced red onion, zucchini and radishes tossed with a whisked-up dressing of cider vinegar, raw honey, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and dry mustard). NUTRITION: per serving: 228 Calories; 5g Fat; 30g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 1015mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!