Stuffed Mediterranean Chicken
- olive oil
- 6 6oz. boneless skinless chicken breast butterflied
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup low fat Feta cheese crumbled
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts chopped
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Place chicken in baking dish and equally fill each piece with spinach and Feta cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together next 7 ingredients (Greek seasoning through black pepper); pour mixture over chicken.
- Add onion and artichokes cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash and plum (Roma) tomatoes; add steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: Omit the Feta cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Greek seasoning, broth and artichoke hearts are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 225 Calories; 3g Fat; 42g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 549mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!