- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken for 24 hours (see recipe). In a shallow baking dish, combine all ingredients, except chicken; stir until sugars dissolve. Add chicken and turn to coat well; cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Transfer chicken and marinade to a heavy, non-stick skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8 to 13 minutes, turning each piece occasionally, until cooked through. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Raise heat to medium and cook marinade until syrupy, stirring occasionally at first then stirring constantly as the mixture starts to thicken, 4 to 7 minutes total.
- Return chicken to skillet, coat with the sauce and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and steamed broccoli. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust marinating and cooking times as needed, use vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar, soy sauce and chicken broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 277 Calories; 2g Fat; 37g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 945mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!