Spring Herb Rubbed Lamb Chops
- 3 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 lamb chops
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate lamb chops overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe). In a food processor, combine first 6 ingredients (ghee through garlic powder); process until smooth.
- Rub mixture evenly into lamb chops then place them in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Grill lamb chops for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until they reach desired level of doneness.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed Rutabagas: (steamed rutabagas then mash with a little coconut cream, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg to taste). And add steamed green beans. NUTRITION: per serving: 683 Calories; 61g Fat; 31g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 167mg Cholesterol; 581mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 9 1/2 Fat. Points: 19
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!