Spicy Rib Eye with Honey Glazed Carrots
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 pounds rib eye steak
- 4 large carrots peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey
- Rub steak with olive oil, salt and pepper, cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes.
- In a large bowl mix, the remaining ingredients (carrots through honey) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Heat grill to medium heat and place steaks and carrots directly on the grill.
- Cook steaks for 5 minutes on each side, until meat, reaches desired doneness.
- Cook carrots for 5 minutes on each side, until each side, is slightly charred and carrots are slightly tender. Serve each steak with the side of carrots and enjoy.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a side of Faux-Tay-Toes (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass-fed butter, salt, and pepper to taste until you get a mashed potato texture.) NUTRITION: Per Serving: 1087 Calories; 87g Fat (73.1% calories from fat); 58g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 222mg Cholesterol; 209mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 12 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!