Spicy Baked Chicken
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken thighs and legs or use breast meat
- 2 tablespoons Ranch dressing OR blue cheese, watch carb count, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, place seasonings (garlic powder through black pepper); shake to combine. Add chicken and shake well to coat; transfer to a baking pan that has been lightly coated with olive oil; bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve with dressing as a dip, if desired.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Use a dairy-free dipping sauce, if desired. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salad dressing (if using) is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 203 Calories; 10g Fat; 24g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 80mg Cholesterol; 324mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!