Spiced Pear Lamb
- 5 tablespoons ghee divided, or use coconut oil
- 5 pears peeled, quartered and cored
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 8 lamb chops
- In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of ghee (or coconut oil) over medium-high heat.
- Add next 7 ingredients (pears through garlic); bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor; pulse until smooth. Allow to cool slightly. Place lamb chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour pear reduction on top; seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt remaining 2 tablespoons of ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove lamb chops from marinade (reserving marinade) and add to skillet; sear for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked to your preference; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add marinade to the skillet; bring to a low boil then reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes. Serve sauce over lamb chops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed kale and rutabagas mashed with a little coconut cream, salt pepper and ground nutmeg. NUTRITION: per serving: 890 Calories; 69g Fat; 32g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 184mg Cholesterol; 584mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fruit; 11 Fat. Points: 24
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!