- 1 pound flank steak trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 4 slices Swiss cheese 1-oz.
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- Toss steak strips in a large zipper-topped plastic bag with oregano, garlic, salt and pepper; seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add steak strips and cook, stirring often, for 5 to 7 minutes or until they reach desired level of doneness; remove from pan. Add broth to the skillet and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add remaining olive oil and, when hot, add onion, bell pepper and mushrooms; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until veggies are tender-crisp.
- Return steak strips to the skillet and heat through. Remove skillet from the heat and place cheese slices on top of steak/veggie mixture; cover and allow skillet to sit for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve over spinach and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 320 Calories; 15g Fat; 35g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 67mg Cholesterol; 423mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!