Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Chili
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 15 ounces kidney beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and cubed
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook chicken. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 2 hours or until heated through and veggies are tender-crisp.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad and some warm corn muffins. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with 15 ounces navy or kidney beans (drained and rinsed or homemade) and use vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, tomatoes, beans and tomato sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 220 Calories; 2g Fat; 26g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 1253mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!