Slow Cooker Lemon Tarragon Chicken and Mushrooms
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine or use additional broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4-oz.
- 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except mushrooms; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Stir in mushrooms then cook for an additional 30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender – careful to not overcook!
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with 30 ounces navy and/or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed or homemade. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and wine (if using) are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 182 Calories; 2g Fat; 31g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 564mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!