Slow Cooker Jalapeno Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4-oz.
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled jalapenos drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until chicken easily pulls apart. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks; return to slow cooker juices and blend well.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Fill warmed corn tortillas with chicken mixture, shredded lettuce, diced avocado and green onions, chopped cilantro and salsa. Add buttered corn on the cob on the side. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with 15 ounces each of black beans and kidney beans, drained and rinsed or homemade. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and pickled jalapenos are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 172 Calories; 2g Fat; 31g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 734mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!