Shallot Coconut Chicken
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 shallots diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place ghee (or coconut oil) in a baking dish in the preheated oven to melt. Place chicken in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk, wine and shallots; pour mixture over chicken then sprinkle evenly with seasonings (salt through rosemary); bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Rutabaga mashed with a little coconut cream, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg; add steamed green beans. NUTRITION: per serving: 358 Calories; 18g Fat; 41g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 591mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!