Sausage and Leek Sweet Potato Frittata
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large leek chopped
- 1 cup sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and grated
- 1 pound Italian sausage cooked and crumbled
- 8 large eggs beaten
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add coconut oil. To the skillet, add the leek, mushrooms, and sweet potato; cook until softened about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cooked sausage, beaten eggs, and salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until frittata is no longer runny. Remove and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg-no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch each of dried basil and dried oregano; drizzle over salad and toss well.) NUTRITION: 593 Calories; 47g Fat (71.8% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 489mg Cholesterol; 773mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 7 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!