Rose and Mary’s Orange Pork
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary minced
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 orange juiced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe). In a small bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (salt through orange zest); evenly rub mixture into tenderloin.
- Place tenderloin in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; add orange juice and wine then seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- At time of cooking, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove tenderloin from refrigerator and bag (reserving marinade). Heat a skillet over high heat until extremely hot; add tenderloin and sear for 30 to 40 seconds per side then remove from skillet and place in a baking dish or pan; bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add marinade from bag to the skillet and heat through; serve over sliced tenderloin.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed baby Brussels sprouts. NUTRITION: per serving: 236 Calories; 6g Fat; 36g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 792mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!