Roasted Garlic Meatballs
- 4 cloves garlic not peeled
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup almond flour or almond meal
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place garlic cloves on a small oven-safe pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until soft and fully roasted; remove from oven and cool slightly, then peel. Spread ghee or coconut oil on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, place remaining ingredients (ground beef through almond flour) along with the roasted garlic.
- Using your very clean hands, blend ingredients thoroughly then form mixture into 1- to 2-inch meatballs and arrange on prepared baking sheet; bake for 15 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli spears. NUTRITION: per serving: 659 Calories; 49g Fat; 43g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 251mg Cholesterol; 631mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 6 Fat. Points: 18
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!