Prime Rib Roast with Red Onions
- 2 pounds beef prime rib roast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red onions sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place roast in a large roasting pan; rub entire surface with olive oil then scatter the onions and garlic around the sides.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue to cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until beef reaches desired level of doneness.
- Remove roast from the oven and let it rest on a cutting board for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 127 Calories; 10g Fat (70.6% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 5mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!