Pork Roast with Vegetables
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 pound pork shoulder trimmed
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- Place first 8 ingredients (red onion through garlic) in a slow cooker; add pork shoulder then pour broth over the top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Add broccoli and cook for 1 to 2 hours or until pork is fork-tender and broccoli is tender-crisp.
- LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Substitute skinless chicken pieces for pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 171 Calories; 4g Fat; 23g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 41mg Cholesterol; 472mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!