Plum Delicious Pork Chops
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped plums pitted, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Season pork chops evenly on both sides with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add pork chops and cook for 2 minutes per side or until browned.
- Add half of the broth and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add onion and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until translucent. Add plums along with remaining broth, the vinegar and the honey.
- Bring mixture to a light boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through. Serve immediately topped with plum sauce.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed broccoli spears. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add wild rice pilaf. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 318 Calories; 14g Fat; 32g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 599mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!