Pineapple Fried Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pineapple cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir for 5 to 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: per serving: 323 Calories; 10g Fat; 36g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 259mg Cholesterol; 726mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!