Pecan Crusted Salmon
- 4 wild salmon fillets 6-oz.
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Evenly spread each fillet with melted ghee (or coconut oil) then season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, combine pecans, paprika and honey; place one-fourth of this mixture on top of each fillet.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; place fillets in pan, pecan-coated sides down; sear for about 1 minute then transfer to a baking dish; bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture); add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 326 Calories; 18g Fat; 35g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 587mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!