Nacho Cheese Chicken
- olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1/4 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup crushed baked tortilla chips optional
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Place chicken in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine next 4 ingredients (cheese through red bell pepper); spoon mixture evenly over the chicken. In another small bowl, combine next 4 ingredients (salsa through black pepper) pour over chicken. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips, if desired; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice topped with a dollop of sour cream, diced green onions and chopped cilantro; add a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and use vegetable broth. KOSHER: Skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beans, tortilla chips, salsa and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 239 Calories; 3g Fat; 43g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 100mg Cholesterol; 685mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!