Mediterranean Pork Chops
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese optional
- Season pork chops evenly on both sides with half of the Greek seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add pork chops and cook for 2 minutes per side or until browned.
- Add remaining Greek seasoning along with lemon zest, garlic, salt, pepper, onion and roasted red peppers; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Add artichokes and broth; bring to a light boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through.
- Top with Feta, if desired, then cover, remove from heat and allow mixture to set for 5 minutes; serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, cucumber and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add baked sweet potatoes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast halves in place of pork chops and skip the Feta cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Greek seasoning, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 321 Calories; 14g Fat; 35g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 654mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!