Marinara Baked Chicken
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato paste and seasonings (salt through oregano). Rub mixture into each chicken breast half then place them in a baking pan; pour melted ghee or coconut oil over the top and bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until juices run clear.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette; add a bowl of raw baby carrots to the table. NUTRITION: per serving: 260 Calories; 9g Fat; 40g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 648mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!