Lemon Sage Turkey
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 turkey breast cutlets 6-oz.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Ghee or use coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate turkey overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe). Place lemon juice, garlic, and turkey in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, remove turkey cutlets from bag (discarding bag and marinade) and sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper, onion powder and sage.
- Melt the ghee or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add turkey fillets and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 194 Calories; 2g Fat; 37g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 812mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!