Lemon Flounder with Capers and Wilted Spinach
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons capers optional
- 6 6-oz. flounder fillets OR other firm-fleshed white fish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- Preheat oven broiler.
- In a small bowl, whisk together first 8 ingredients (salt through capers); set aside. Place fish in a lightly-oiled 9- x 13-inch METAL baking pan (NEVER use glassware for broiling); top evenly with sliced onion and broth mixture. Broil fillets for 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve hot fish and sauce over spinach, to wilt.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and capers (if using) are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 168 Calories; 2g Fat; 33g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 485mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!