Lemon Dill Portabella Burgers
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large Portobello mushroom caps cleaned
- 6 whole wheat burger buns split and lightly toasted
- Optional toppings:
- plum tomatoes sliced, Roma
- red onion sliced
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate mushroom caps for 30 minutes (see recipe). Preheat oven broiler.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 6 ingredients (dill through olive oil); seal bag and shake gently to blend. Add mushroom caps to the bag; seal and shake gently to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place mushroom caps on a broiler pan lightly coated with olive oil (discarding marinade and bag); broil for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until tender.
- Serve burgers with optional toppings on burger buns.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Russet Fries on the side (scrub potatoes and cut into “fries”. Toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free burger buns. NUTRITION: Per serving: 235 Calories; 7g Fat; 9g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 493mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!