Lemon Basil Chicken with Wilted Spinach
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon capers rinsed and drained, optional
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a well-oiled baking pan; rub with garlic and season evenly with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine basil, broth, lemon juice, onion and caper (if using); pour mixture over chicken and top with lemon slices. Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Arrange spinach equally on dinner plates; top each with a chicken breast half and some of the hot pan juices to wilt the spinach. Serve immediately, with or without the lemon slices.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed asparagus on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and capers (if using) are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 227 Calories; 2g Fat; 43g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 489mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!