Lamb ‘n’ Olives
- 2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder cubed, or use lamb chops
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup Kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker; stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or until lamb is fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 727 Calories; 61g Fat; 30g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 147mg Cholesterol; 1762mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 10 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 19
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!