Jerk Pork Chops
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 ounces crushed pineapple
- Season pork chops evenly on both sides with next 9 ingredients (garlic through black pepper).
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add pork chops and cook for 2 minutes per side or until browned. Add broth and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add green onions and pineapple (with juice); cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until green onions are fragrant, adding more broth if sauce reduces too much.
- Bring mixture to a light boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through.
- Serve chops immediately with pineapple/green onion mixture on top.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast halves in place of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 292 Calories; 14g Fat; 32g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 601mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!