Hungarian Flank Steak
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe). In a small bowl, blend together first 5 ingredients (salt through cumin); rub mixture into steak then place it in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- Add vinegar, seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours. At time of cooking, preheat outdoor or indoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Brush the grill grate with coconut oil. Remove steak from bag and grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked to your preference.
- Allow steak to rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain (diagonally).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (see Day 3 directions) and braised green and red cabbage. NUTRITION: per serving: 273 Calories; 13g Fat; 35g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 596mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!