Honey Balsamic Lamb
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 shallots chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 lamb chops
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate lamb chops overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe). Prepare marinade: Place first 6 ingredients (vinegar through black pepper) in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- Place lamb chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag, pour marinade mixture on top then seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove lamb chops from marinade (reserving marinade) and add to the skillet; sear for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked to your preference; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add marinade to the skillet; bring to a boil and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan; reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Serve sauce over lamb chops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed kale and Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; add salt, pepper and gluten free curry powder to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: per serving: 709 Calories; 57g Fat; 31g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 158mg Cholesterol; 581mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 9 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 19
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!